Saturday, March 13, 2010

Avocado Salsa

Check out this beautiful fresh salsa, doesn't it just scream SUMMER? Shame that it's now autumn... Oh well, one doesn't need to conform all the time. I made this as part of a delicious healthy spread for a DVD [read: old school 90210] marathon with friends, and i have to say it was definitely as big a hit as the show was back in the day. If I do say so myself.

I particularly enjoyed just a little spoonful on crispy mini toasts, but it was also delightful smeared across fresh crusty sourdough bread.

2 perfectly ripe avocados, diced
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 long red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1 lemon
Sea salt & cracked pepper

Place the avocados, tomatoes, onion, coriander and chilli in a bowl and mix well. Then simply squeeze over the juice of one lemon, season well with salt and pepper, then give it one final stir and you're ready to serve!

This recipe makes enough salsa for about 6 people, so you can easily halve the recipe if you don't need quite that much.

5 comments:

Bo said...

Peet...That salsa looks so deliscious and refreshing...You always have the most beautiful photos.

Sanjana said...

This looks amazing, Peet! Beautiful colours!

Sook said...

Oh wow, avocado salsa sounds delicious! It's like salsa and guacamole combined together. :)

cathysrunning said...

That looks so fresh and delicious! I love avocados and I always add some to my salsas. This is a wonderful combination! And yes, I love old school 90210!

Unknown said...

I'm reading from the US and Summer is weeks away here, so the timing is perfect! Thanks!