Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tofu Salad

I'm a big fan of tofu, but rarely find an opportunity to use for anything other than soups and stir-frys. So I was rather pleased when I came across this recipe whilst hunting for something new to accompany my chicken san choy bow. The light, subtle dressing really worked well, and the colours looked amazing on the table!

You can find this recipe and other equally delicious ones in: Tossed: 200 fast, fresh and fabulous salads

250g firm tofu
2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
100g snowpeas, julienned
2 small carrots, julienned
1/2 small red cabbage, shredded finely
2 tbsp unsalted peanuts, chopped

Place the sweet chilli sauce, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small jar and shake well to form a marinade. Cut the tofu into 2cm pieces, place in a bowl and pour the marinade over, then refrigerate for 1 hour.

Meanwhile prepare the vegetables and place in a large serving bowl. Add the tofu and any excess marinade then toss lightly to combine. Top with chopped peanuts.

Serves 4 - 6

3 comments:

Bo said...

Wow!! That looks too pretty to eat. I'm glad I found your blog. Your photos are wonderful! Keep up the good work.

Ozoz said...

Stunning photo. Wish I had the guts to have blocks of tofu...keep thinking I would love it seasoned, grated and fried! Oz of Kitchenbutterfly.com

Unknown said...

Dear Peetcancook, the tofu salad looks awesome!!! I am always looking for tofu recipes and love all the ingredients that are in it. I cant believe all my favorite flavors are in one bowl. "Wild Thing", you make my heart sing! Loved and saved this recipe. I shall revisit you soon. Thank you for sharing.
Cheers, Gaby
You can always visit me at http://ptsaldari.posterous.com.